Sunday, September 24, 2006

Recipes : The Ultimate Caramel Apple Pie : Food Network

Kath, I'd have to say that while John and I enjoyed the taste of the pie, it was disappointing and definitely not what it was supposed to be, LOL.

My sugar never caramelized, but after a certain point 10 or so minutes in, it boiled all the liquid out and the sugar became "sugar" again. So I added 3 more Tbsp of water and we got to the same point again. Maybe I was cooking it too high? I don't know. Other times I have made caramel it was with brown sugar and milk.....and butter, I think.....anyway.

After that 2nd go round, I just added in the wine and cream and it made a yummy syrup, but it definitely wasn't a creamy caramel sauce.

The insides of the pie are red (from the wine) and the kids, who LOVE apple pie didn't particularly like it this time. The apple-rhubarb crisp was much yummier to them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Donna. Its been forever since I last left a post here.

We are doing well. I have had two more daughters since we last chatted. Caitlin is now 8 and in the 2nd Grade and doing great. Almost a month ago she was diagnosed with a form of ADD called Inattentive Attention Deficit Disorder.

In Nov 04 we had a baby girl we named Harli (Greg named her). She just celebrated her 2nd birthday last week.

In Jan of this year we had another little girl that we named Izzabella (Belle). She will be 10 months next week.

Greg no longer drives semi. I am still a SAHM, well for the time being. I have put my application and resume in at a few places. None have called yet.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home