Thursday, November 27, 2003

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers. I hope you have a wonderful day and safe travels.

Today started out with a pancake breakfast which was finished just in time for me to turn on the Macy's Parade. I could remember parades while I was growing up and how my dad would turn them on and call us in if we weren't watching whenever the Rockettes would be on. I did the same thing with my daughter today.

Ever since I moved away from home (11 years ago), I get teary-eyed whenever the parade starts and I remember how my dad was. Now that he is gone, I think I cry a little bit more.

I had a "moment" during the parade thinking about my mom. I know how sad she gets and like Luther says

"Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
And I'd hear how my mother cried for him
I pray for her even more than me
I pray for her even more than me
I know I'm praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don't do it usually
But dear Lord she's dying
To dance with my father again
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home