Monday, November 10, 2003

So...my weekend......we started with a 10:15 limo pick up at my friend H's house. He was a little lost, and got there a tad late, so we started drinking Mimosa's with the champagne glasses that were in our goodie bags with a copy of the Rent CD, Godiva chocolates, a picture frame, disposable camera and assorted truffles. The goodie bags were the cutest paper bags with metal handles that were striped pink, yellow and orange, triangular shaped. It was then that I realized, had I not changed my original clothing plan, that the birthday girl and I would have had on the same sweater and boots!! LOL

Once we got in the limo, we brought extra Mimosa ingredients and continued to drink into the city. We passed Giants Stadium, where they were testing the Barney, Super Elmo and one other balloon for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We pull into the Waldorf=Astoria parking lot and unload our bags.

It was time to grab lunch before the show. We went to the famous Lindy's, home of the NY Cheesecake, Deli and grabbed burgers and sandwiches and such.

We then proceeded down Broadway, through Times Square to see RENT The cast I saw back in 1997, or so, was much better, but this show had Frenchie Davis from American Idol in it......SHE was INCREDIBLE.....I'm glad she was recognized after she was kicked off AI.

We all enjoyed the show and then backtracked to Lindy's to look for a lost cell phone (which we later find out was dropped in the limo). We came back to the Waldorf, checked in and changed into nighttime clothes.

(more to follow another time, hehe. I pulled my neck muscle and can't sit here and type any more......)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home