Friday, July 18, 2003

All through the school year, 3 of the children in Stephanie's class were living in homes that were going through seperations and/or divorces.

The one girl, Cathy, used to give Steffi so many details and say she was moving to Oregon, but then she would say that it wasn't true. I felt very sorry for her, as she would cry in class every day. They are really moving, next Wednesday. It was supposed to be last week, but the hearing for the divorce got postponed until Tuesday.

Her mom just called and asked if I would watch Cathy so the parents could go to the judge.

After I got off the phone, I started to tear up.....I felt very sorry for the two people whose love didn't work out, I felt sorry for Cathy who is very upset over this, I felt sorry that the mom and daughter will be moving away, I felt sorry for Steffi who will be missing a good friend.....

That all just must suck so bad. I really have never been affected by divorce, either through the family, or close friends until this. Yes, I know people who have gone through this, but this is really close, where I am actually watching someone's kid as they close this chapter in their lives.....

:-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home