Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Silly me.......I forgot to mention that Tommy learned to ride a bike over 4th of July weekend!! (edited:: I did mention it briefly, it appears, LOL) We had a mini-bike (bike shown not actual bike, LOL) that had training wheels on it, that I thought would be easier for him to learn to balance, but it was harder for him to pedal and steer once the training wheels were off. There wasn't enough room for him to really pedal and get speed going, so John put him on Johnny's bike, and within a couple of tries, he took off!!!

It's SO much easier teaching the 3rd child to ride a bike. We had a talk with him and explained that it would make more sense for Johnny to get a new bike, and to get Johnny's hardly used old bike, and he was fine with that. The reason that it is hardly used is that when we want to go biking, we have to pack the van up with bikes and such and go somewhere big and somewhat flat as I had 3 different levels of riders and our driveway and surround roads aren't very conducive to neighborhood bike riding.

We got him a 24" Mountain Bike with 18 speeds and he seems to be learning how and which speed to use fairly easily.

Oh......has anyone else joined Blockbuster's Kid's Club I thought all 3 kids could join seperately, but it's only one per membership, which is understandable. So far this summer, we watched Pippi in the South Seas, A Kid in King Arthur's Court and Baby Geniuses.

I was very disappointed that my children didn't like the Pippi movie......for some reason I can remember watching them when I was little and rewatching them when they came out on HBO. However, even when I was watching a little bit with them the other day, I was like....what the heck did I see in this, LOL. Maybe we should have rented the original Pippi movie.

Anyway.......the kids are looking forward to blazing their way through the movies.....Air Bud (all versions), Little Rascals original tapes (in that collector's set) and other Disney movies from the 70's.....The Apple Dumplin' Gang..... I also want them to see the original Freaky Friday, hopefully that'll go over better than my other choice, :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home