Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Hi there.......I'll start answering some comments first, LOL

First off...Tommy did NOT have the chickenpox......however, there is some virus going around that has a fever, BAD headache and when it's real bad, is accompanied by a HORRIBLE stomach virus. So, I betcha he had some part of that. I think my husband had a touch of it too, as he was WRITHING in pain Sunday night from a headache, and a slight fever.

My recipes for the strawberry dishes were a HIT. The rhubarb, which I've NEVER had, was so yummy. I'm bummed I'm out of strawberries, because John's rhubarb patch is flourishing. So, adding strawberries to the list of things to get in the house this week.

We did not make any watermelon drinks......John ended up buying two bottles of white wine and a zinfadel

As for Stephanie's present, which she has NOT stopped playing........she fools around with the organ and piano at MILs house and she always talks about using my sister's keyboard, so I was out of ideas of what to get her, and figured this was a good choice........and WAS IT EVER!! However, it does not cook for us, hehe

One of the 100 songs programmed into it is Happy Birthday, so when we woke up on Sunday, Johnny was dressed in dress pants and a dress shirt and was pretending to play HB as Steffi came down the stairs to see her presents.

Since Sunday, I've perfected my playing of The Entertainer.....I've learned and mastered La Cucharacha and Swanee River. This is all with my right hand, so I will be trying to learn how to play the left hand as well.

I've also started teaching Steffi how to read music, at least let her know what EGBDF (lines) and FACE (spaces) are and how to figure out on the keyboard which keys to strike.

Tommy started SafetyTown on Monday and he is gone in the mornings. Johnny is at basketball camp all day this week and is really starting to enjoy that as well.

The kids are finally able to start playing with the hoop on the side of our driveway, as they are actually hitting the backboard, or making shots as opposed to underthrowing the balls and having them constantly fly into my neighbor's yard.

Saturday is Steffi's "friend" party and I will have 8 girls over here swimming. I've found a bunch of games at familyfun.com and I think it will really be a good party (without the boys) this year.

Time to go play some GameCube and continue on with my adventures of Star Fox. I think I'm about 34% done with my tasks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home