Monday, December 23, 2002

We also had the multitude of Christmas gatherings and parties in the kids school, so that added on to our hectic schedule. I managed to make Macaroons and Rum Balls on Saturday night. Today, will be Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprint cookies and the start of my parfait pie. Tomorrow, I will prepare 3 lbs. of fresh green beans for Wednesday.

John and Johnny went to help with the Special Olympics on Saturday, and had a wonderful time. Johnny helped them make crafts and my husband was a *chef* (hot dogs and french fries, LOL). They both witnessed some heartwarming things and made them feel REALLY good about helping others in the holiday season. Sunday, Stephanie, the rest of the Brownies, and I caroled for senior citizens living in an assisted living facility, and I don't think we could have made them any happier. The feeling of spreading joy to others is WONDERFUL.

Today, I will do the touchups on the house and hopefully wrap the rest of the presents. Last night, my son slept on the couch, as he was throwing up most of the day, so that put a kabosh on the wrapping plans I had last night.

I hope you and yours are doing most splendidly :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home