Monday, April 08, 2002

I'll do this in dribs and drabs...hehe

Thursday, we went to the dentist and we all got our teeth cleaned. Unfortunately Johnny had a teeny cavity in his 6 yr molar which was to get sealed :-( so I have to make an appointment in June for him to go back and get a little filling and then seal all of his molars. I feel like it is my fault as I waited a couple of months before I made the appointment once his molars were all the way in. Then.....we were off to Philly. We arrived around 1:30/2pm and were HUNGRY. John met up with an *coworker* from Houston, so we went to Rotten Ralph's to get some beer and munchies. After that, John started his meeting and the kids and I walked over to Penn's Landing, just to peek around. Our hotel was just across the street from the entrance. By that time, after unpacking and settling in, we decided to try to find a place for dinner. We made an excellent choice at Nick's Roast Beef

While there are tables with waitress service in the back, most of the action occurs up front, where a hearty, largely male clientele with a big thirst anxiously bellies up to the bar for food and fuel. HA......maybe that is why guys were STARING at me when I walked in with the kids, LMAO

You know......searching out some of these places.....I wish I had done that before we went and I wouldn't have had to search the phone book, LOL. Anyway......I had the MOST excellent cheesesteak there, the kids each ate 1/2 rack of ribs with cheese fries. Tommy had a hot dog :-).

We then came back to the hotel room to wait for Amy. About 7:45pm the fire alarm starts going off. An announcement comes on and says they are investigating the cause, but please leave the building. Right about now, the kids start FREAKIN' out. Their father is at Bookbinder's for a meeting (can't find a good link, LOL), I remember to grab my purse and hotel key, and get their shoes and jackets on. Steffi is in her pajamas, and the boys were still dressed. Steffi and John are crying that they are gonna die, Tommy is worried about all the toys I left in the room, and I am trying to tell them that we are outside, we are fine, and to stop being silly. The firemen come in with their sirens a-wailing. They get there, and don't even go in the building and they let us back in. They did make some kind of an announcement, but I noticed a girl coming across the entrance way, carrying a heavy package. IT WAS AMY!!! I didn't have my glasses on and it was dark, so I'm glad it was her after I was calling out her name. She, at first, thought that we were just out there waiting for her, LOL.

So, in we go to watch Survivor, drink beer and use the laptop. We had to use the stairs, as the elevators were still not turned on. So, we get all settled in, sorta. John didn't take off his jacket or remove his backpack until Survivor was over. He just wanted to go home.
At this point, my anxiety stomach kicked in, and I couldn't enjoy myself fully, but made the best of it. John walked in close to 10pm, a little buzzed and the kids were tired anyway, and Amy left for the night.

More later.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home