Monday, October 08, 2001

I went into the city yesterday to see Dad. He's doing GREAT recovering and he was proud to show me his 8 inch incision that was stapled closed. He's getting in and out of bed unassisted, walking laps in the hospital, and eating food again. His naseau is gone and his pulse rate is back up into the 60's. He has one more minor procedure to be done, but they might let his body rest before they do that. Hopefully the whole sickness/fever stumbling block is over and done with and they can get back to his chemo treatments.

I went on a trail ride today, and we were cantoring for a good 5 minutes......Holy Schmoley, I never ran that fast or for that amount of time, but it was SO exhilirating. My horse's name was Cinnamon and was SUCH a good horse. The leaves were changing and the air was crisp, so I think this was probably our last ride until March or April, unless there is a unseasonably warm day this winter.

What else.....snow chain is now complete.....the PTA treasurer's audit is 99.5% done.....all my books for the Cub Scout Pack and Brownie Troop are all set up, only 3 more soccer games per kid left, so things are semi-slowing down.

Wednesday is our anniversary.....I bought him some Omaha steaks and will cook them with shrimp, but other than that I don't think we are exchanging anything. Well, he did buy me the membership to the gym for part of a present, but I'm not counting that. I don't know what else to get him. Hmm.....I just asked him if we need to exchange presents and he says he thinks he got me something today, LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home