Sunday, September 23, 2001

OMG......we had SUCH a kick-ass day today, and actually yesterday too. Well, since I'm at it, I'll go back to Friday, LOL. Friday, I was a co-leader of my daughter's Brownie troop for the first time. We had a very excellent meeting and I can't wait for a year of fun and excitement with these fresh little minds.

Saturday, we had soccer at 9am and 1pm, then from there, I got the kids ready to drop at my parents. On the way there, I saw the National Guard mobolizing from the armory around the corner from my parent's house. Gave me chills..... Drop the kiddos off, come home, shower and went out to an amazing dinner with another couple friend of ours. Unfortunately, I got carsick on the way home and my cannoli left my body, so all in all I got a double benefit though, yummy tasting cannoli without the calories :-) I felt fine as soon as I got out of the car and hung out in my house, not moving. It was weird.....I guess I haven't rode in a backseat of a car, on a dark, windy road in a long time, but brought me right back to my childhood when I couldn't ride around the corner without getting sick.

Today was simply beautiful, weather wise and atmosphere wise. We went to another friend's house, about 15 minutes away, onto a lake. We hung out for a bit, then John went out on the jet ski with Mark (the husband) Then, Mark took Johnny out with him for a bit, then Steffi, then they all came in. I just got done changing and Bonnie (the wife) told me it was our turn. I was a bit nervous at first, but they really are quite easy to handle. We had an awesome ride, then we came in for more drinks. After a bit, John took Johnny out and Mark yelled up for me to get on the other one. After riding for awhile I told John to go get Steffi and he asked me why I didn't take her, I thought it would be harder for me to handle, but they told me to go for it, so as I circle around to get her, John shut off his engine and Johnny made a major shift and the boys went in the water. They were okay, and Johnny was nervous at first, but the funnier part was watching them try to get back on.....John finally would figure out his weight distribution and how to get on, and Johnny would tip him back in..... I get Steffi on mine, and went out for a much more leisurely ride. All in all a great time, and I didn't tip us in, despite all the requests from Steffi to do tricks. We came in for a BBQ, then went out for a ride in their pontoon boat. It was just the PERFECT day!! Hope you all had as much fun!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home