Wednesday, August 15, 2001

Ya know......I don't mind swearing. Hell, even I do it, but doesn't it get annoying when in every sentence you hear out of someone's mouth it is colored with a swear word. Do they think they are cool? Is it an unconcious word flow? Aren't you the least bit embarrased, or does it just show your lack of class and judgement?

I remember when I was a teenager, college student, even, when I finally swore in front of my parents, and it was almost like accepted, because I was now a college student, out of my house a lot. It wasn't liked, but they didn't say anything, and I was shocked I said something like that in front of them. Now occasionally, my mom will swear on the phone with me, when discussing heavy duty things and her emotions get to her.

Now it seems more and more that it is just accepted, or people don't care what they are saying in front of who, or they are afraid to be offended by it.

In light of recent events on message boards I use, this post may seem like it stemmed from there. It really didn't, but as I think about, this post can pertain to certain things there as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home