Sunday, December 02, 2001

I am leaving out some of the real personal stuff I wrote to my dad, but here is my Thank You list. We were never a very open family, who said I love you at all, so I feel that this letter gets points across that I want made, but I don't think I could ever say this to him face-to-face without totally falling apart, which wouldn't do either one of us any good. I am a wuss?? Should I have sucked it up and said this to him??

Thank you.......

......for checking my homework and making me use my brain

......for passing down your love and knowledge of sports to your children and grandchildren

......for walking me down the aisle and really enjoying yourself at my wedding. Including giving John permission to ask for my hand in marriage.

......for providing me with a loving and stable childhood, along with siblings, who I know now, mean a lot to me.

......for being a loving father, who only did what he believed was good for his children

......for being a loving grandfather who played ball and swam with his grandchildren. I will make sure your grandchildren NEVER forget you and how much you loved them.

......for being a computer whiz and fixing a computer up all for the kids to play when they come for visits

......for your knowledge of computers and what you’ve taught me and challenged me to learn

......for your love of *a good time* as I think we have all inherited that

......for your support during my Miss Morris County Pageant time

......for knowing why I couldn’t get up to speak upon returning from my SEARCH weekend

......for deciding to get a pool for your 3 kids

......for buying a house with a big yard

......for allowing me to drive a station wagon down the shore, after the Senior Prom

......for allowing me to stay at the shore with Dale after graduation. I’m sure she’s thankful as well, as she met her husband then.

......for giving us so much when we started out, and continuing to give to us

As I grew older and became a parent, as I said to you before, I realize a lot from both sides of the story, and I hope to learn from my childhood experiences to be the best mother, wife and daughter I can be.

I am ashamed that it took your illness for me to get these feeling out to you, but I hope that you appreciate them all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home