Saturday, December 01, 2001

I went with the kids and my dad looked HORRID. There is no feeling in his eyes or radiating from his body AT ALL. I picked all the kids up to give Dad a kiss and then it was my turn. I kissed him and said I hoped I could bring a bright moment to his day today, and nothing. I felt nothing from him. I then asked if he needed water, the radio or anything and he said, nah... It is very hard for him to make eye contact with me as well.

So finally, I said, okay guys, we're gonna go (I only planned on staying that long since my mom and sis ran out and couldn't watch the kids while I said more to him) and as I left, I kissed him again and said I Love You....I've NEVER said that before in my life to him, that I can recall.....EVER And then I started to sob.....he told me Hang in there Sweetie. I've noticed, the last 3x I saw him, he's called me that. Then I rounded the kids up and we left......bawling.

Then of course the kids said, mommy, we know why you are crying. You want your dad to not be sick. And I told them, that they were right......

Then I proceded to cry the next 1/2 hour home.

I think I am going to send a letter to him today and let him read all that I was thankful for, in my life from him.

I'll paste it here later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home