Thursday, January 29, 2004

Wow.....I'm sitting here with chills and memories flying through my body right now.....

I decided to see what else was on TV right now, and see another Band Reunited listed for VH1, so I turn to see who it is, and it's a band that I don't recall them saying they were gonna have on, and I'm SO excited

THE ALARM

1985-1986 for me, Senior year in high school (hey my husband just called me from our cell phone in the bedroom to let me know that this episode is on......silly boy)

Anyway.....I can picture a whole year hanging out and this music was on in the background.....always......this and U2.

I can remember driving past a funeral home on my way into the parking lot when my tape player ate my Alarm tape, right at the point where they sing "the night that Johnny went away" (from Spirit of '76).....the funeral we were attending was 1 week after graduation, for a 17 yr. old friend named John......still freaks me out to this day.

I can picture attending their concert and seeing a TON of classmates at the concert. I've NEVER had that happen before...or since.

I can picture singing Spirit of 76 at the prom.

I can remember when we all wanted "Walk Forever by my Side" for our wedding songs, LOL

I'm thinking I now what I will be cleaning my house to tomorrow.

It's amazing how I have this music in my house all the time and hardly play it.

Memories are STRONG things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home