Wednesday, August 27, 2003

When my inlaws' neighbor passed away earlier this month, I inherited her 1955 Singer sewing machine. I have been procrastinating sewing MUCHO badges and stuff onto the kids scout uniforms and yesterday I conquered my first sewing attempt.

I've tried to sew things with my mom's machine, but it is so easy when she says, do you just want me to do it?? LOL

So after looking online for a manual, I decided to open up the sewing box with the different spools and threads, and whaddya know, the manual was in there, LOL

I spent 2.5 hours sewing on at least 20 things. The basic square patches were easy-cheesy, but there were A LOT more circular ones that took time when I had to try and position the overload of material between the needle area and the machine. But......now I'm done for a while and I have a working machine!!

That is how I wasted my day yesterday, LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home