Monday, May 06, 2002

One year ago today, life through my family a curveball. This is the day my father was told that he had a mass on his pancreas :-(

My mom knew he was sick for 18 months, though, and kept telling me, "I wouldn't be surprised if they told him he had cancer". Unfortunately, we/they were thinking prostate or colon, so no one ever checked his abdomen. He just kept losing weight without trying, and his color was *off*, and, of course, the tests for the prostate and colon cancers came back good.

Looking back, she thinks they should have pushed for more tests, but why kick ourselves now?

Today, I was supposed to go with my daughter on a field trip into NY to the Bronx Zoo......due to my perforated eardrum, that hasn't really healed, and now it hurts behind my ear and down my neck, and the big week we having coming up, I think I have to bow out. She was disappointed, but at least she can still go.....just my luck :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home