Thursday, April 25, 2002

I get so consumed with songs on the radio that have to deal with death, dying and/or leaving. The Calling has a song out there, even A Thousand Miles, but today, I heard Walk On, which I've sung with a million times. The part of the lyrics that actually sent chills to my body today were these:

You're packing a suitcase for a place
None of us has been
A place that has to be believed
To be seen

You could have flown away
A singing bird
In an open cage
Who will only fly
Only fly for freedom

Walk on
Walk on
What you got
You can't deny it
Can't sell it or buy it

Walk on
Walk on
You stay safe tonight


About an hour before my dad passed away, he said, in a clear voice, admist his gargling and mumbling, "I have to stay safe"

See why I have chills......just little things like this keep happening and I still can't believe that when I go to the cemetary, that my dad is buried.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home