Thursday, May 02, 2002

Yeah, so I've been totally ignoring my blog as of late, but I see many of you haven't. Sorry 'bout that.

Lots of things keeping me busy; end of the Brownie year; Baseball; dance; Johnny's communion party; end of the year party for my Newcomer's Club, which I am hosting (someone hit me over the head and volunteered me, I think); my husband's family birthday party last week...etc......etc.....

You get the picture...

The other day I was cleaning my room and decided to read my high school yearbooks......why...because they are in there, and it would have prevented me from actually cleaning, LOL. Since that day, two of the friends that had signed the yearbook have sought me out and sent me emails.......how freaky is that!!!?? Anyway, one is in Washington, and the other is living in her parents house. Sad story there. She was living close to me, actually, and her mom was sick, so they decided to move in and help care for her. The day after the move, she died.....

I am planning on getting together with her soon, as it would be neat to catch up on the past 18 years. By the time the 20th reunion for school rolls around, we should all be going, as a big gang again, :-)

Steffi and John just had their 3rd quarter conferences.....all VG's in the academic section.....that is the highest rating in 1st and 2nd grade.....can't get much better than that. As smart as John is, Steffi is even beyond him. Her teacher, who was also John's last year, says she is just so beyond what other children are doing. He said she already has a spot in Learning Unlimited for next year!! I didn't tell her that of course, because she doesn't realize that she is that far ahead of everyone, and I'd like her to stay *on her level* attitudewise.

For that party that I am hosting on 6/1 (Newcomer's), I have been browsing at CDnow.com. I will type in 70's or 80's in the album title search and I am compiling a CD of all songs that were hits, or one hit wonders..... Having lots of fun doing that...... Black and White, Lion Sleeps Tonight and Shambala, sung by Three Dog Night; Little Willy; Buttercup; Playground in My Mind (all from the 70's)...any of those ring a bell?? From the 80's.....Video Killed the Radio Star, anything by the Outfield or Hooters; Culture Club songs......Then I grabbed some for my own listening pleasure...Pilot of the Airwaves, Leader of the Band, Ooh Child......

I hope everyone has the same tastes, that I do.....hehe

Okay, I think I fulfilled my blogging obligations.......have a good one!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home