Wednesday, March 13, 2002

......so........my children have been waking up too early for my liking, like 6:00am, when there is no need to be up before 7:30am. I've been battling some heavy duty sinus headaches/drainage, and went to bed at 9:00 last night, and was still tired when the kids woke up, so I told them to get dressed if they want and go watch TV or something. Johnny came walking in again, at some point, and says "Can I have this??" It looked like a waffle and I told him "sure". He has used the toaster oven before, unsupervised, no biggie. After all, he is 8. A short while later, Thomas knocks on the door and says "Johnny had fire in the kitchen" We both go downstairs (John just got out of the shower) and see a 99% burnt napkin on top of a now melted plastic cup in the sink. He was actually toasting a bagel and he pushed in back too far and didn't want to burn his hand, so he tried to get the bagel with the napkin. Needless to say, the napkin hit the top toasting bar and caught fire. Nothing was ruined or burnt and the boys remained calm. There was no screaming, but I can bet you that if I checked Johnny's pants, he probably shit a brick. He then put the napkin in the sink, which melted a plastic cup. We were VERY lucky, and neither of us got angry at him, at all. Of course then, John decided to rip me a new one, cuz THIS is why I need to get my ass out of bed, when my children get up. I stopped listening to him at some point and decided that I am REALLY fed up with his almighty attitude, all the time.......whatever......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home