Wednesday, July 04, 2001

Stress is affecting my body, but I didn't think I was stressed, but I guess deep down I am....

I've had a couple of wonderful days around here. Monday, I took my kids out to ride bikes. Johnny learned last year (? I think), Tommy rides one of those minibikes with training wheels, and Steffi got a bike in Spring, but we never even bought the wheels for her bike, plus I think because of how big it is, it doesn't even have training wheels. Anyway......her dad had taken her out once previously and she was scared, but managed to understand what she SHOULD be doing. I had no idea how much she could or couldn't do, but I felt very accomplished at the end of our session when she was riding by herself. Her dad stopped up to the high school parking lot, where I was and was very impressed with her, so I guess I done good. I, on the other hand, was way tired from running along side of her, while yelling instructions/pointers, and chasing after Thomas, LOL.

Yesterday, we packed up the family, blankets, chairs and jackets and went to watch fireworks together. After watching the kids dancing and running around, 'til dusk, having a blast, we scooted the two chairs together, put the kids (3) on our laps an snuggled under the blankie watching the sparkle dusts, and spiderwebs :-) Sad point of the night, my 7yr old partook in the pony rides, but was not the enthused toddler anymore :-( That was probably his last pony ride.

The fireworks WERE beautiful but started WAY too late. 9:45pm, a good 2+ hours after we got there. They could have been started by 9pm, 9:15 the latest. They were also shorter than normal, and even the DJ was confused, as he said, "Let's see what else they've got for us" after the finale, so everyone sat back down. The flood lights came on, and he said, "Well, thank you for coming" LOL Little communication problem there, but again, the family time together was what most enjoyable.

Today, I had my parents over. I took the video cam out, but was trying not to be that noticeable as my dad was playing soccer/giving pointers to Johnny. He also was in the pool with them, so I captured some of that as well. He also was playing with Johnny's pitchback and testing how hard, fast, etc.....he could throw the ball in succession and he whined about not being able to play softball this year. He wasn't told specifically he couldn't, but I'm guessing his body *might* have said that he couldn't. The guy doesn't act sick in the least, and if he hadn't have lost 40 lbs in a short amount of time, he wouldn't even look sick. Actually, he looks okay to a normal eye, but I know that my dad used to have a little more meat on his bones. I just hope his doc gives him something (pancreatic enzymes) soon that allows his body to absorb the nutrients that he eats.

Now, I'm watching the Brian Wilson tribute on TNT and bopping with Ricky Martin.......MMMMMYYYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMAAAAAAYYYYYYY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home