Friday, June 29, 2001

I need to post a recap of yesterday's visit with Colleen and kids. It took me longer than normal to get there yesterday, because of bumper to bumper 50mph traffic, on a Thursday, at 10am, what was up with that????

We had lunch and then went to get ice cream sandwiches at the Marina, where her brother works. Of course, my children do not finish more than a couple of bites, but the breeze off of the river was so nice. We head back, put Matthew down for a nap and get all set up for beach play. I brought a little wading pool down that we were trying to fill with bucket trips, but it takes a lot of buckets to fill up, LOL. So we put just enough in for them to play with, and Tommy and Gracie enjoyed playing with each other in that for a bit. Dumb move on the moms part: placing said pool on thorns hidden in the sand. So, my $6 pool now had a
S L O W leak, and I left it there for Matthew today.

Catherine and Steffi spent most of the time having a water show for us. Two little fishes, they were. Then the kids have found some crabs along the shoreline and collected them in buckets, instead of on my blanket. After more investigating by Johnny, he and Gracie realized the crabs were semi alive, or moving in some manner, so after he was done, he told me that he and Gracie had smushed them all and killed them with rocks, and they threw them back in the water. (Hope PETA is not reading this, LOL) They also were digging a hole, building castles and having a lot of fun occupying themselves.

Once Tommy started running around in the house naked waiting for his shower, we decided to call it a day (outside). They played really nicely in the porch, on the porch swing, watching a movie and coloring. Again, Catherine and Steffi really were bonding well. They were also playing Simon Says. They were doing a really great job playing nicely, considering we were locking 6 children inside, since some of them were too young to go out by themselves.

Then my children started whining about being hungry, so dinner was started, only we didn't do such a good job with the charcoals, like Aimee did.....we are gas grill gals. But dinner was done, and it got a little hectic and hot as 6 children wanted to be fed now, and all their drinks needed to be poured, etc......my stress level was rising, LOL.

Then the kids were trying to play hide-n-go seek in this little cottage, but we put the kabosh on that, LOL. Johnny started entertaining Matthew and really made him giggle. It was cute.

We then had warm blueberry cobbler and ice cream and then it was time to go :-(

I was hoping for a quiet trip home, but everyone was whiney. I thought for sure that they'd be asleep in the 10 minutes it took for me to get back to the Parkway, but no dice. Tommy wanted a pillow (which we never have in the car), Steffi was full out crying the whole time, because her feet were hurting her (probably cramping from swimming all day) and John was trying to get the other two to shut up, LOL

Anyway, I really enjoyed my time down there again yesterday, and am so bummed that Colleen lives in freakin' FLORIDA!!!!! I mean she has all this family up here......what's the problem. We have wind on our beaches cooling things down, she doesn't.......

My kids did thank me a bunch of times for going down there as well, and I'm very grateful for awesome relationships I have formed online.

Miss ya gals!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home