Thursday, June 21, 2001

Okay, let's try this again. You have a year left to live, what would you do? Have you ever heard that question? My dad is now living that reality. His cancer is inoperable, unradiatable (I don't care if I just made up that word, LOL) and chemo may prolong his life by a couple of months. This was the news I heard, hours before my F*** entry. I don't know what he knows, although, my mom said he was not relaxed, and a bit jittery last night, so I'm assuming reality is setting in. He has to make an appointment with an oncologist to see what comes next, and I'm sure all the cards will be on the table then. It's still so odd. He was healthy enough to play softball, in early May, dropped my kid off from an overnight trip, and was jaundice two days later, and the ball started rolling then. He stills is not *sick* to the public, or his family, really. No matter how long he has, it's not curable, and is just eating away at his pancreas and liver. This is the same disease that Michael Landon succumbed to. Cancer sucks. This is the first time that my family has had someone have cancer that was untreatable. 59 1/2 years old.....this ain't right!

Only three months after it's initial diagnosis Michael Landon died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 54. I found that on a website somewhere. I've heard stories about pancreatic cancer.......I keep hearing 3 months as the time of living from diagnosis to death.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home