Sunday, July 08, 2001

So, Friday, we went to Great Adventure and had an AWESOME time. It was so cool and breezy, not typical NJ July weather, but I'll take it over hazy, hot and humid. My 7.5 and 6 yr old son and daughter went on Rolling Thunder as the most adventurous ride, and my daughter would have done more!!! but we were more into the *kiddie* section of the park that day. My father said he should have come along so that John and I could have ridden the *big* coasters, so, still in 33 years, I have not ridden any coasters at Great Adventure :-( (we forgot to go back to that ride for Steffi and me)

Saturday, we just chilled and today, I spent a good deal of the afternoon running around getting birthday presents for Stephanie and then making a gourmet dinner requiring lots of prep work and cooking, all to be done in 3 minutes flat. Shrimp and Scallop Cakes with Asparagus and Lemon-Chive Vinagriette, served over baby green salad. I also attempted Clams Oreganata, however, next time, I want to chop the clams up with the bread crumb mixture instead of just burying them with the topping.

I have a busy week with horseback riding and movies tomorrow; shopping and attending a birthday party on Tuesday; Wednesday, a cooking gathering in the morning; Thursday is preparty cooking and storytime at night, and Friday is the party. 1-3 will be friends and 5-9 will be family. Get it all over and done with......

She asked for and is getting a boombox with CDs. 6 yr olds nowadays, LOL. Also getting a Zelda game for GameBoy, earrings, books, a puzzle.......can't decide on Barbies or Diva Starz dolls yet, maybe I'll see how much she is getting in TRU gift certificates first.

Anyway......I have to put kiddies to bed and finally do something with John.....I swear my body was so off kilter this month, and I think he just may die if he goes another night without *it*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home