Monday, November 15, 2004

Thanks for the kind words, readers. I was having a bad couple of days, but I seem to be back to normal now.

I have gotten SO sidetracks from routines around here. First it was when Johnny had the chicken pox, then the next week the kids had off two days, then Steph had the chickenpox (btw, it's been 2 weeks from her breakout, so I "think" Tommy might have had a vaccine shot that actually worked, LOL, or his vaccine wasn't as old as theirs)

I need to get back and go food shopping, with a planned list, 1x a week, and to plan our meals, etc.. I also got to get my rear in gear and start getting these gifts that my children want for Christmas. We are the only one buying them gifts this year, as we all discussed that they just have TOO much stuff, and the new things that they get they never play with, so.....we sent an email out to family stating that the kids would really appreciate money for summer camps much more than toys. Of course, it was a much wordier email, thanking them for their generousity over the years, blah, blah, blah and they seem to have accepted the idea.

Usually our kids start camp in 3rd grade and have to pick one, but now they are excited that they can go to two, or possibly more, and Tommy can even go 2 years before the others did. They are just daycamps for horseback, basketball, baseball, etc......but it's what my kids really like.

And, of course, we finally get to give them most of what they ask for, without farming out the presents and them being disappointed on Christmas Day when they wonder why they didn't get their most asked for thing, until they realize that Santa left it at Grandma's house...etc.....

Johnny has really taken charge with getting the other two psyched for Santa. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Steph still believes. John would too, if it wasn't for him saying something silly about the tooth fairy, when my husband took it upon himself to let him know the tooth fairy was us. So, when I told them to get crackin' with their wish lists, the lightbulb went off in his head.

So, anyway.....I blogged today, look at that, LOL.....gotta go get my coupons ready for the a.m.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home