Monday, January 21, 2002

Sorry that I've been quiet/missing. We had a rollerskating birthday party for my son on Friday and yesterday, Sunday, would have been my father's 60th birthday, and it also happened to be one month since he died.

We attended church with my mother, who had the mass said *in memory* of my dad. My mom and I bought up the gifts. I was crying throughout a normal Sunday mass, as it was in the church that I attended until I got married, and it just brought back the memories of going to mass, as a kid, with my family, as my dad would make sure that we were sitting up straight, singing, reciting prayers, etc. Then after communion, my mom was sobbing pretty heavily, and she set me off again. So it was a very emotional hour. We then went out to brunch and toasted in memory of my dad and wished him Happy Birthday. After a wonderful brunch, we visited his gravesite and then presented my mother with that plaque that I had previously blogged about.

Then I let the kids go sledding at my mom's house. We had a pretty awesome sledding hill in the back yard, and as the kids found out yesterday, it still IS pretty awesome. Then, at 2pm, we took Steffi to a party 1/2 hour away, and let someone else bring her home. Then, 2:30pm, drove John (husband) and Tommy home. 3pm, went back towards my mom's to watch Johnny at a rollerskating party. 4:30, got a call, that Steffi's friend wanted to have a playdate, said okay. 6pm, left rollerskating party, called to check on Steffi, and she wanted to have dinner at her friends, said okay. Came home, John left to play basketball at 7pm, Steffi came home at 7:15 and today we are gonna have a family cleaning day. LOL

I wanted them to go sledding again at my mom's today, but since Christmas, we haven't gotten rid of the old, to make room for the new, so that is what I'll be doing as soon as my coffee is done.

Enjoy your day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home