Tuesday, August 21, 2001

Okay.....continuing on from my post the other day. We attended the party at my friend's house with the kids from 5-11:30. We ate, drank, I reminisced with a bunch of guys I used to hang out with, the kids swam, my husband finally got integrated into a BUNCH of horseshoe games, we did some shots, my husband dunked the 3 children, who were now clothed, into the pool head first, and I brought up the rear, for the entertainment for the night. Yes, my husband dunked me as well, and I actually DIDN'T kick his ass...LOL.

Sunday morning, I got up at 10 am. I couldn't believe that I slept that long. John made pancakes and I finally had to get out of the house, and bring Steffi to a playdate, and get milk, bread and o.j. for the house. I came home and the two boys were sleeping and bedtime that night was the PITS for the boys. Of course they weren't tired. They NEVER take naps, and not 2 hour ones, to boot.

Monday, I watched a girlfriend's daughter, when she went to a girl scout's leader meeting and when she came back, after two hours, we went through our information and headed down to our council's shop and got the vest, patches, numbers, handbooks, etc......for the girls. After 6 hours, the kids had started getting on each other's nerves, and it's funny to see how an only child does NOT have the skills to work things out after a bit......I tend to let the children work things out, or at least, not have them complain to me for silly things, as I tend to ignore them. Nicole got to the point were she was *Mrs. B'hel* every 5 seconds, and I apologized to her mom, saying, *ya know, I'm not ignoring Nicole, nor doing this to be mean, but when my children are cranky and pestering each other, I ignore them and tune them out* She totally understood, which is cool.

Monday night I had a babysitting co-op meeting and I have to perform my first sit, on a Saturday for a 3yr old and a 1 yr old, at their house. This should be interesting.

I spent the day, today, at Basic Leader Training for Brownies, and am now versed on Girl Scout history, and how meetings SHOULD be run. There could be a potential problem with a parent that is getting her leadership qualifications through the backdoor, but I hope to put a lid on that, in my troop leader's meeting on Monday. Not worth blogging about, if it is something that I don't know is happening or not.......could just be my devious mind speculating the worse, cuz it's easier to think that people are evil, than give them the benefit of the doubt. hehe But, I really don't like this woman from dealings I had with her last year, so I think it is a mixture of her being evil and me having a devious mind, LOL.

Tomorrow, we just have two soccer practices, from 5-6:30 and 6:30-8 for the kids.....I think I'm also scheduling a power nap for myself sometime, as I'm beat.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home