Monday, August 20, 2001

Okay, here's what I did since Friday. 11am, we had a playgroup meeting, which was actually an outdoor pool party, so we hung out there for a couple of hours. Children swam and played with playdough and clay, and they all got along REALLY good. We got home and showered and then the kids were off to the Yankee/Mariner game and I went out and played Bunco. What a fun time I had.

I only have one small complaint. You mix 12 women and alcohol, and there is NO way you are gonna play a game and get done in 2 - 2 1/2 hours. We were supposed to gather at 7:30, start play at 8:00 and be done at 11. We actually started to gather at 7:30, started to play at 9:10, and I pulled in the driveway at 1:12 am. Other than that, I ended up knowing 1/2 of the women I played with. One lady was my son's CCD teacher, one lady's daughter was in that CCD class, I taught a dance class that another woman's daughter was in.....etc.....

So far, next school year, I will be 2nd VP in a women's club in town, a Brownie co-leader, and I am the chairperson for the snow chain. Whenever I am not out of the house, my phone has been ringing non stop.....guess school IS starting soon, LOL. But back to Bunco.....the president of the club was with me, and she thought that Bunco was a fun game, and has elected me to organize it for our club. Not a big deal, just something else to add to my list.

Saturday, I had to bring my daughter to soccer practice from 9-10:30. Then, my mother wanted to know if I wanted to hit the JCPenney's sale, so I took a quick nap while waiting for her to call, and then got down to her house by 1. We went shopping and I think we have 95% of the basics that the kids will need come September.

A friend of mine was also having a party, that started at 4, but this is the same friend that when it was her birthday, I blogged about whether or not I wanted to call her. I never did call her, and the next day, she called me to invite us for another party, but we were actually on our way out the door for our cruise, so I got back to her, about a week after we came home. Anyway...I called her at 3 and told her I was stopping by with the kids for a bit, even though the party wasn't officially started, because I probably wasn't coming to the party, but I wanted to see her house. I stayed for about an hour and really enjoyed my time. My kids really wanted to stay, and I told her that I wasn't *presentable* enough for the people that I knew were coming, and my kids didn't have their bathing suits, and John wasn't there, so I'd go home and see if he wanted to come back. RIGHT after I left her house, he called there to see if I wanted him to come down, but I needed to come home and change and such and we went back, got there at 5, and left at 11:30.

I'll continue the story later on.....gotta make some homemade sauce out of my garden tomatoes......stay tuned, LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home