Monday, June 04, 2001

Weird story.....my dad and mom went to their usual Mass, Saturday night and after Mass, my mom goes and buys food gift certificates and my dad waits outside for her. After doing that, they walked to the car, and my dad was being a bit pokey. They get in the car and make it down the street to the traffic light and my mom notices that my dad has his handkerchief out. My mom doesn't think much of it and they get caught at the next traffic light and she notices my dad is crying. She asks what's up and he says check this out and he opens his palm and shows her a medal. She asks him if Father gave it to him and he says no. A older woman, with long, black hair, that he's NEVER seen before walks up to him, outside, in the crowd after Mass and grabs his hand, slips the medal in and says "Wear this" and walks away. (Now, mind you, my parents haven't notified the church that he is sick and should be on the list of prayer intentions) My dad said that she walked down the street and turned the corner, and he *thinks* she met up with a man and a baby, but then he lost her.

My brother called to talk to dad and he was sobbing telling the story. Wondering why this lady picked him......and who is she??

I asked my mom about the medal, wondering if it is one of a Patron Saint (like specific to cancer or illness), but she *thinks* it is of Jesus and Mary, and that there is some kind of flaming torch, but she really hasn't seen it, cuz my dad wouldn't let go of it, nor has he taken it off.

I told them to go talk to the Priest to find out what the meaning of the medal is, but my mom said that dad isn't able to talk about it, right now.

They feel like they just watched an episode of Touched by an Angel, which I've never seen, but instead of watching it, they were cast.

One never knows........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home